We are a Cooperative Work company from Basque Country. Our mission is to supply the climbers community with quality protection gear.
The production is entirely made in Hernani (Gipuzkoa). We focus our efforts to improve the production processes and management systems to achieve what is demanded by the customer: good products, competitive price and on time delivery.
All this supported on core values that are very important for us:
1) Give priority to the climbers interest.
2) Fair working relationships: In Totem does not exist the salary difference between workers, all of us receive the same salary for the same work hours. Moreover, we understand that the capital that Totem can accumulate manufacturing climbing gear is not just the consequence of the Totem MT workers, so we deciced not to distribute the beneficts and dedicate this to support local projects which have our same values and continue making community in other fields.
3) Democratic decisions: We organize the work in horizontal assemblies where the workers have an opportunity to speak and expresate their opinion, in this way, all decisions which affects structurally to the cooperative are taken by the cooperative members.
4) Share the wealth with our neighbour: We are rooted in the territory we inhabit and understand that it is our responsibility to maintain this roots and enrich it with our work, support local economy and make community.
5) Social equity: We do not tolerate any type of discrimination based on gender, identity, sexual orientation, racial, capacity… and we bet on the construction of a space where we are socially equal and humanly different.
6) Environmentally friendly: We have a lot of work to go through in this sense. But we understand that it is strategic to achieve our goals so, we are making efforts on this way.
We still have a long way to go, and we hope to share with the climbing community all this journey.
We would like to show our gratitude for all the invaluable help we have received those years!!